In order to trigger an output type of any application we have 2 common methods available which comes handy in any situation.
- Trigger output using standard SAP program/report
- Issue output from its Transaction-Code
Method 1: Trigger output using standard SAP program/report
- Go to SA38/SE38 > enter program name as RSNAST00 and execute
- Select output application, output key (order/document number), enter output type, for example EF | ####### | ET01 (Material Label)
- Enter Transmission medium, such as 1-Print, 2-FAX, 4-Telex, 6-EDI, etc
- If you are re-triggering the output, select the checkbox Send Again
- Choose parameters (optional) such as Sort, Printing defaults and Execute
Report program: RSNAST00
Below are the applications for which you can use the above program to generate output:
|M1||Rough Goods Receipt|
|RE||DBM Putaway Manager|
|RW||DI – Warranty|
|W0||All. Table Group|
|W1||Sales Promo. Group|
|WN||Free Sett. Rel. Del.|
|WS||Free Sett. Agreem.|
Method 2: Issue output from its Transaction-Code
Alternatively, you can go to the transaction code for the specific document for which you want to trigger the output for.
For example, let’s consider triggering output for a Purchase Order. In order to do that, you need to go to its transaction – ME22n to Change Purchase Order > click Messages in the Standard Toolbar. Type in or select from F4 help the output type you want to trigger.
The Message screen has 5 options defined which can help you in the processing the output.
- Communication Method: This is related to the communication method, such as Printer information, where you can specify a printer on the network and set its formatting.
- Processing Log: When a output is processed and triggered successfully, you can see the processing log which can help you in outputs sent via Idoc. You can trace which Idoc has the information passed for this output.
- Further Data: This is related to specifying the Processing and Dispatching the Output. It further has 4 Dispatch Times and shows the status of the output processing:
- Send with periodically scheduled job
- Send with job, with additional time specification
- Send with application’s own transaction
- Send immediately
- Repeat Output: In order to re-trigger the output, you may select the line item of the output you want to trigger and click on ‘Repeat Output’ in the Standard Toolbar. This will create a new output.
- Change Output:
The screen contains the below fields:
- Processing Status: If the output gets processed successfully, the light is set to green. If any error occurs, it is set to red. Yellow means that the processing program has not been started yet, and also if the output is also edited manually.
- Output Type: The kind of output to be produced
- Description: Description of the Output Type
- Medium: How the output will be produced
- Partner Function: Specifies a partner function, for example, SH for Shipping/VN for Vendor/etc.
- Output Partner: The system determines the recipient of the output from the master record for the specified partner function. Here you can explicitly specify a recipient that will override the standard partner.
- Language: Language key for the language in which the partner output will be sent
- Change Message: Flag which indicates if the output you are triggering is for the change to the existing output.
- Processing Date: The date at which you scheduled the processing of the output.
- Processing Time: Time at which you scheduled the processing of the output.
- Dispatch Time: The dispatch time is the time when SAP actually dispatched the output as per your defined parameters.
- Saved: If you save the output, that will set this flag as checked.
Note: Each document will have a different method to issue output. On one hand where you can trigger an output in ME22n using Messages, a Sales Document’s output can be triggered by entering in the Order (VA03) > select Extras > Output > Header > Edit (Shift + F7). Please check the instructions for your document specifically before doing so.