I need to write this post! This post is not based on assumptions or predictions which are far beyond reality. Instead, when I started hunt for best Mobile OS, I went unfavorably accepting anything that might seems the reality (based on Facts and Figures). But at the end, as expected, iOS move out to be the best of all, succeeded by Windows Phone and then Android. The 10 reasons WHY iOS is better than DROID are here, based on facts I’ve collected through internet and experiences.
1. Hardware Diversity – if you say being with an Android product gives you a wide hardware diversity, you’re probably seeing one side of the coin! That’s totally not acceptable (atleast to me) that I purchase a phone costing Rs.30K – 40K runs same OS that is on a Rs.3K device. You’re messing up with the OS’s functionality that implies!
2. Design – Android is not an OS designed for its devices. It is global – either you’re running a 400MHz processor or a GHz (again, the matter is of Hardware) Android will not going to perform in low end models. They will have same functionality but on varied processing speeds, is that a good “Technology” device? How can one stands out of the croud, they all will have a same soul!!
3. Android, is manufactured by a company who already been out of phone market (remember, Nexus). There is no actual war between Android n iOS! Exactly, the war is between companies running “Free” OS and an iOS device. The actual war is between Windows Phone and iOS – giants attracts giants. Why manufacturers will not hop into an OS pool which cost hem economically cheaper or free? Simple as that.
4. The coders, who code programs for DROIDS are already into trouble about writing the code and running it perfectly into varied devices. I already have mentioned that it has H/w diversity and this anoys programmers! They can’t have a quality product! Ofcourse, they set some benchmark but that won’t help them get to millions of Android users in the way the softwares are made to run.
5. The Updates – Have you ever noticed how Apple updates its devices? It’s smoothly with properly managed changes that could easily understood on any of them – iOS 4, 5. But when Brands use Android, they’ll tweak the open source OS according to them and so, when your non-geeky Grandparents loses their phone and got to buy a new one, probably, they’ll take few weeks to get comfortable with the new one! Practically, who purchases the same phone again (unless you own Nokia 1100). One doesn’t know which version of Android is running on the device!
6. The App Market – Ofcourse, Android is having a wide range or as said, millions of free applications worldwide, as it is open-source, every developer wants his app to reach millions. But what about the different codes of same app? You write a code, someone will write again and bang, there are different apps now! Who have that much time to test every app that suit his needs? iOS, on other hand have both small and large level developers but all recognized to build a known app
store! So, what will you do if you love an application that used to run on Android GingerBread got outdated on Android IceCream Sandwich or the Jelly Bean?
7. Processing power– I’ve seen in many Android devices (ranging 10k-20k) about lag in app performance! That’s quite true as even my friend who owns it says that it suck sometimes! If you ever happen to work on more that 3 apps on an Android phone, you could possibly be a victim of phone-lagging! This means that it could not handle heavy applications or bulky multi-tasking capabilities. OR simply if you’re running your Android flawlessly, it means that you’re REALLY putting hell lot of efforts to keep it in that way. Why a good businessman or a geek would go for such device? iOS, never arise such questions about multi-tasking.
8. iCloud – Oh! How can I forget that now! Apple’s iCloud service is that awesome that you can sync its every device with each other! Take an iPod, an iPad or a MacBook, you’ve every data same as in each other. Now lets take an Android phone, a Zune, an Android tablet and a Windows/Linux PC. huh, can you tell me the exact number of applications/software you need to install on every device in order to perfectly sync with each other? Possibly, you got around 5-6 apps or 3-4 to minimum, but iOS needs just 1 software, Globally (haha).
9. Malware – In August, 2011, McAfee reportedly announced 76% of surge in Malware with incidents reported in the Android Market! Now the condition got that worse that you need to install Avast like program to prevent your DROID from Malware. Non-Geeks are not aware of that, but Malware is – a software used or created by hackers to disrupt computer operation, gather sensitive information, or gain access to private computer systems. Shocking behavior, right?
10. Keeping device alive with technology– Apple has in it – they gave the 3 year old iPhone3GS the latest iOS5. Android is poorly supported by carriers and manufacturers. You’ll be lucky one if you see one major update of Android on its brand new devices; else, keep involved in updating the minor versions of the OS.Concluding, I must add that these are my personal opinions, which are truly based on facts collected via internet. It contains no personal rivalry for Android or its users. But the new ones, go and purchase a Windows Phone (Lumia 710 or 800) rather than wasting on lagging devices!